Location: 413 S. Church Street, Rockport.
Built in 1906, this house was the vision of James Edward (J. Ed) and Josephine Kennedy Moore. The two were married from 1903 until 1915, when Josephine passed away. J. Ed was a business owner who served several terms as Rockport's mayor between the 1920s and 1940s. He was instrumental in establishing a yacht basin and a public beach park, both of which are still in use today. Moore also helped plan a modern sewer system for the town. He sold the house to family in 1943 and passed away in 1948. The Craftsman bungalow features a story and a half plan, a low, overhanging roofline and a wrapped porch. It also has squared columns, an asymmetrical entryway and a roof dormer with tripartite windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2006
Source: Texas Historical Commission