Aransas TXGenWeb - First Presbyterian Church of Rockport
Aransas Co. TXGenWeb

First Presbyterian Church of Rockport

Location: 514 N. Live Oak Street in Rockport

This congregation traces its history to 1869. Although deactivated in 1879, it was reorganized with twenty charter members in 1889. The members met in facilities provided by other churches until their first house of worship was completed at Market and S. Magnolia streets about 1906-07. After surviving several hurricanes, the church moved to this site in 1949. An integral part of local history for over a century, First Presbyterian Church counts among its members many community leaders and descendants of its founding families. (1991)

Source: Texas Historical Commission