Aransas TXGenWeb - First Methodist Church of Rockport
Aransas Co. TXGenWeb

First Methodist Church of Rockport

Location: 801 E. Main Street in Rockport

The Methodist Church has been in existence in Rockport since about 1870. The Rev. H. G. Horton was assigned as pastor of the Rockport church in 1872. The original Methodist church building, erected at the corner of Live Oak and Bay Streets, was used by a number of other congregations until their own facilities were completed. The Methodists relocated to this site in 1914 and later built new structures to meet the needs of the growing membership. With an emphasis on educational programs, this church continues to be an integral part of the community. (1991)

Source: Texas Historical Commission